I am having trouble writing. I am having trouble doing most things. All of my energy is getting sucked into survival and I’m just trying to hold my head above water.
But a few tips for just getting things written and published on your blog or elsewhere:
- Publish even if you don’t feel like your writing is exactly what you meant or wanted to write. It still may be more valuable to the world than staying silent would be. (I got this tip from Ruti Regan. Thanks Ruti!) Your writing doesn’t have to be perfect, and it wouldn’t be perfect if you waited till it met your standards anyway.
- Think of what you would want to read and haven’t seen written, then try to write it.
- Use footnotes, side notes, and other ways of separating off tangents from your main text.
- If you were going to put something in a footnote or parentheses or something, try leaving it out. You may not need that level of detailed information in your post anyway.
- If you want to leave things in (like footnotes, side notes, etc.) but it makes your post impossible to write and/or read, then consider leaving those things off but writing a separate post with them inside it.
- Consider breaking your writing down into smaller chunks, possibly linking the posts together, and use that writing as separate blocks (especially in WordPress’s Gutenberg editor and similar block-based editors), or new posts entirely.