If You Don’t See Your Comment Yet
Comments are moderated. It takes time for them to appear. Sometimes a lot of time. If your comment has not appear so far, then one of the following has happened, in order from most likely to least likely:
- I haven’t got around to it, or didn’t even know the comment needed moderation.
- The comment got trapped in spam filters and I never saw it.
- The comment contained personal information about you or someone else, that I don’t feel comfortable posting.
- The comment was clearly intended for me, not for publication.
- I haven’t decided yet whether to allow your cmo
- The comment was a type that I don’t allow on this blog.
What types of comments are not welcome here?
- Spam (unsolicited advertisements)
- Threats or harassment
- Deliberate cruelty or nastiness
- Revealing of private information about people
- Questions that run like “I’m the parent of a child with [your disability] and I want to learn all about it, can you teach me r point me to resources?” There’s a time and a place and that is not now and not here. Other intrusive personal questions may fall under this category.
- Communication that’s all about one-upmanship and social dominance, and not about exchanging experiences, ideas, or information.
- Other stuff that makes this blog not the kind of place I’d want to visit.
That’s just an example. There are other comments I wouldn’t allow. It’s up to my discretion. I’ll undoubtedly get things wrong. But I’ve learned that if you put a rigid comment code, it scares off people who want to make legitimate comments, and bullies take it as a challenge to stick to the letter of the law while breaking it in spirit.
When in doubt, remember:
I am a human being. Treat me, and others, like human beings. We are not just words on a screen.
Coming to my blog is like entering my home. You are a guest here. Please treat me and my home andother guests with respect. I reserve the right to ask you to leave. I reserve the right to remove you from my house.
And I don’t have to explain myself. Chances are, if you’re doing anything malicious, you know full well what you’re up to and don’t need an explanation.
Apologies in advance if I get anyone wrong. It’s boundto happen, but the alternative is worse.